Like every Indian culture has its own uniqueness, Maharashtrian brides also have a peculiar look. Most Maharashtrian brides follow a stated style when it comes to their attires and hairstyles. Accessories also play an important role in Maharashtrian weddings. These days, apart from the stated, makeup has also become a vital element when it comes to the overall look. Just like the trousseau and the jewellery, Maharashtrian brides also have certain makeup preferences. Here are some tips to pull off a perfect Maharashtrian bridal makeup look-
- Maharashtrian brides are known for their expressive eyes. Most brides opt for heavy eye makeup. However, if you want to stand out from the mundane looks, you can opt for trendy shades of eye-shadow or go for a smoky eye look!
- Pulling off a Maharashtrian bridal makeup look is tricky for it has many elements. Make sure you do not overdo your highlighter and contour for it will take away the essence of the traditional jewellery, for instance, the nath. Keep it classy and light, and just focus on enhancing your eyes.
- Choose dark shades like maroon, brown and dark purple when it comes to lipsticks because it will complement the overall traditional attire. Most Maharashtrian brides wear yellow tones for the wedding, and these lip colours will make you look elegant by all means.
- Bindi and nath are the signature elements of a Maharashtrian bride. In order to carry these elements with élan you should take into consideration the shape of your face. If the bindi is not suiting the shape of your face then it can ruin the entire look, likewise, the nath also should be chosen carefully.
- Do not forget to dress your nails with an attractive nail colour. Usually, brides opt for red shades because it goes with the traditional theme of the whole event. You, however, can experiment a bit by trying out subtle shades of red.
It is easy to go overboard when it comes to Maharashtrian bridal makeup but you need to make sure that simplicity is maintained in some aspects.